Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pig Oinks It Out with NFL Player as Player's Mother-In-Law Dies


Cops this boneheaded and unsympathetic exist only in the movies? Right?

Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats was kept from seeing his dying mother-in-law at a Dallas-area hospital last week after a police officer pulled him over for running a red light. Of course, if this were Super Troopers or Police Academy, all of this would be funny and everybody would leave laughing. But, sadly none of that happened. From WFAA:
Dashcam video from the Dallas officer’s patrol car captured the incident.

“Get in there,” Officer Powell yelled out to Tamishia Moats, Ryan’s wife, as she exited the car. “Let me see your hands. Get in there. Put your hands on the car.”

“Excuse me, my mom is dying,” Moats said.
Moats and the other woman ignored Officer Powell’s commands and rushed inside the hospital to see her mother.
At this point, Moats' wife and friend are already in there and all is forgotten, right? Oh, yeah, we're dealing with a cop.

“I’ve got seconds before she’s gone, man,” Moats said to the officer.

“Shut your mouth,” the officer said. “Shut your mouth. You can either settle down and cooperate or I can just take you to jail for running a red light.”

The clash shocked Moats.

“For him to not even be sympathetic at all, and basically we’re dogs or something and we don’t matter, it basically shocked me,” Moats said.

“I can screw you over,” Officer Powell said. “I would rather not do that. You obviously will dictate everything that happens; and right now, your attitude sucks.”


"No. You're attitude sucks," is what I would have said before the great and powerful Officer Powell tases me. "Don't tase me, bro" is what I would obviously quip next while the surge of electricity goes through my body.

Needless to say, Moats never got to say good-bye to his mother-in law. The good officer, according to WFAA, was reassigned to dispatch division, which is the "Farva job," pending an investigation.

Here's what I hate but nothing will change of it: cops are immutable gods. They are authority and if you step to them no matter how much, they will sodomize you with a plunger for your troubles. A plunger for an f'n speeding ticket, sir? I, of course, don't mean to generalize. I know some are good cops. Some know the difference between what's good and bad. But Officer Powell of Plano PD, the cops who shot Diallo 37 times in New York, and the cops who shot a tripped-out hippy on the streets last month make policing as a whole a generalization and stereotype of power-hungry gods that will strike you down if you stare at them wrong. At least, you can flip them the bird without any trouble.

Cops, keep the abuse of police power in the movies!


No comments:

Post a Comment