Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dies...Uh, Her Movie Mom

Natasha Richardson. 1963-2009.
Now, time to bum you out. Actress Natasha Richardson, the mom in the Lindsay Lohan-vehicle The Parent Trap, died today. She was 45.

I wish I had a detailed history of Richardson's career. All I got is that she was the wife of actor Liam Neeson (aka Qui-Gon Jinn), the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave (aka the lady Chef and Dr. Mephisto was looking at naked under a microscope in South Park), and the sister of equally attractive actress Joely Richardson (the Mrs. Dr. McNamara on Nip/Tuck). Of course, that's what IMDb is there for.

Now for the lesson on the fragility of life. Richardson died just days after she had a reported fall during a ski lesson on the beginners slope of a resort in Quebec, Canada (the one place in that whole country where they still freaking speak French). She was taken to a local hospital complaining of a severe headache. Then, she was admitted to a larger hospital in Montreal where she fell out of consciousness and her condition worsened. She was flown to New York City and admitted to a hospital there where she was essentially "brain dead," or so the New York Post said yesterday, and taken off life support. She later died. (Man, I'm not used to writing detailed, thoughtout obituaries. This is actually bumming me out. I hope I don't get a wise idea to handle the samurai swords in my closet later. Handle my sword. Heh.). The bottom line is it takes something as small as a seemingly minor hit in the head to end up dead, as in reference to Richardson's case. Which leads me to say that Queen Latifah's Last Holiday, wise in premise, sucked to high heaven. (Even in somber times, my ADD kicks in.)

Seriously, though, get your head checked after you pass out into the corner of your coffee table after your drinking binge tonight, provided you are not drunk enough to get to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment