Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Early Grave Between Two Buns

A "culinary abortion"...of your life!

I'll admit to eating my weight in chimichungas. I'll admit to the mindset that an all-you-can-eat dinner is more of an endurance challenge than a meal. I'll even admit to making the greatest omelet ever, dropping it accidentally, and then eating it off the floor.

But will I willingly let a $20, 4,800-calorie beast of a burger be the death of me? Apparently, a Grand Rapids minor league baseball club wants its to be death of its fans.

The 4-pound burger features five beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips, all on an 8-inch sesame-seed bun.

The Grand Rapids Press reports that anyone who eats the entire 4,800-calorie behemoth in one sitting will receive a special T-shirt. [AP/Grand Rapids Press]


Five beef patties? Corn chips? Five slices of cheese? And you get a T-shirt if you survive it, no doggy bags?

I can see the article for the first customer to tackle the burger: "'What Burger?,' the man gloatingly said before collapsing and foaming at the mouth." Instead of a T-shirt, should they get a complementary heart resucitation regardless of whether they're still breathing?

No comments:

Post a Comment