Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Words Hurt, and, Apparently, Pictures Do Too

Why do I have a feeling a reality show is in her future?

I'm pretty sure Miss California, Carrie Prejean, did not want all this attention aimed at her. In fact, I think if she actually won Miss America, she would be an afterthought and gratified with becoming the guest of honor at the New Jersey State Boat Show.

But, alas, the woman who has gained all this exposure out of thin air for making a gay pageant judge and blogger mad just for saying how she felt, rather bitingly, is still making waves. (Although, I respect the "free expression," I am in now way wanting to defend her. She's a bonehead.) And, to what I believe is the peak of her "fifteen minutes," new pictures of her topless and in nothing but underwear made internets today. TheDirty.com has six of these pictures, which are rather tame from first glance but, to what I understand, get progressively risque.

My beef with Ms. Prejean and with every other celebrity just like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian is that these people gain the fame they have for something rather mundane or trivial, and, at times, selfish. Shouldn't people that have made a lasting and fundamental offering to society get the limelight? Ms. Prejean just said what was on her mind at an ill-advised time. Then, she got famous for getting in a fight with Perez Hilton...and for allegedly getting breast implants from the California pageant committee...and for showing her ta-tas on picture, which apparently were taken after she got the new boobs. Not really things I would get behind a person for.

Bad liberal media. Bad, bad,liberal media. Stop making people who aren't deserving of the public's love celebrities.

No comments:

Post a Comment