Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pacquiao is Good For My People and Other Weekend Shenanigans

Cold-blooded.

I hated during the latter part of last week how boxing analysts from ESPN...to, well, just ESPN gave Manny Pacquiao no chances to win this fight against Ricky Hatton. Of course, those analysts did say Pacquiao was a dangerous fighter and, at oftentimes, could be streaky in his punches. I don't know what the hell the latter meant but, bottom line, Manny knocked the hyped-up Brit by the time the second round came to a close. [Video of knock out punch here.] Yes, a 2nd round TKO, which is way different than a "love TKO." (*Five dollars to the person who can comment to me the reference about the "love TKO" without research*)

Anyways, Manny did a whole island nation proud. Lord knows how many bottles of San Miguel were popping and flowing on Saturday night. And for that matter, I wonder how many dogs were cooked and eaten for celebration. Pac-Man is your new Junior Welterweight Champion of the World. Eat. It. Bitches.

In other news that I have to get my filthy, hairy hands on, the Bulls gave up the ghost and their first round series with Celtics. (I did call them shits, right?) And boy, my Sunday afternoon TV viewing options have just been thrown out of whack. Wizards of Waverly Place. West Side Story. Wizards. West Side. Wizards. West Side. How can I choose?

True story, I once watched West Side Story before and I remembered mocking the dance scenes in the movie. You know, high kicks and all that homer-sexual stuff. I eventually smacked my barefoot in the corner of a sharp counter and gashed open my foot. By the way, I have never seen some lightfooted Puerto Ricans get down and dirty. And the rumble scene has to be single-handedly the most preposterious thing of all time. But still I watch!

Ok, at this point, I post a video related to this post. I was trying to look for this Saturday Night Live sketch online featuring Norm MacDonald in a "reimagining" of WSS. Couldn't find. You'll have to settle with an equally funny clip with Will Ferrell attempting to sing "Maria" on The Late Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment