Friday, May 29, 2009

Cooter Primer for the Weekend: '80s Hits Used in Comedy

I haven't primed your weekend in quite a while, so I figure, in this insomniac state of mind I'm in...again, I can show you at least one of my last posts in the cubicle I'm thankfully moving out of. Come May 31, provided that I get off my ass to organize my shit, I will be moving into the confines of a swanky condo complete with BBQ and an ice maker, finally! Shit! I will be blogging in a place where I won't question if there is life outside of these walls and if I have to make sure the landlord, with hair curlers in hair and cigarette in lips, won't come knocking on my door and start asking, "Why does it always sound like there's someone having sex in here but there's no girl in here?"

For the primer, I felt compelled by my earlier post on Zach Galiafanakis (it pains me to spell out his last name, yet he's just too damn funny that he's worthy of me getting it right) to post a video from his Comedy Central special. Bottom line, Zach closes out the show by explaining that he has trouble with women and that his 12 exes formed an acapella group. Sure enough, we have the acapella group singing The Bangles' "Eternal Flame" while Zach continues being Zach and shows the audience pre-written statements shown as the song goes on. And, oh, yeah. He's got camel's toe.

It's funny because it's ironic. Get it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment