Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How to Make Natalie Portman Uncomfortable

Ohh. I get it. Their in between "two ferns." Gotcha.

Zach Galifianakis is some kind of strange. Yet, you know he can deliver comically. That's why me and everybody else fell asleep when he had his short-lived late night show on VH1 seven years ago.

So, he's found a rebirth in the form of his celebrity talk series, Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis, which is featured on FunnyorDie.com. Four interviews have been posted so far since it started a year ago with Michael Cera as the guest.

Today, Natalie Portman sat down with Zach G.

This shit reminds me of my college days when I acted like the 18-year-old naive television prodigy and I would write mock TV shows that included words like "effective" and "vermisilitude." Other than that, the common thread among all these eps is how Zach quietly offends the guest while making them so uncomfortable that they don't know what their next move is. But I think it's all a fix. The guests are actors, for crying out loud. If they were told to eat shit and make it believable, they would ask back, "What kind of consistency does it have? Liquid squirts, maybe?"

[Editor's Note: The Natalie Portman interview embed is acting rather Corky-like. The link is here. Here's the Michael Cera interview, though.]

No comments:

Post a Comment