Sunday, May 10, 2009

Phil Jackson, Your Veiled Anguish Sustains Me


"Zen Master" my ass.

I've held off on commenting on this very juicy Western Conference Second Round series between my beloved Houston Rockets and the Lakers. It's not going to be a memorable series like the Bulls-Celtics first round matchup but we have had several plot points that make this contest juicier than a rare porterhouse (bad analogy). And by that I mean, fights, fights, broken feet, and more fights.

With Yao Ming chalked out of the rest of the playoffs, the remaining Rockets that aren't 7 foot Chinamen or named Tracy McGrady picked up the slack for Game 4, beating the Lakers 99-87. The win was propelled by 6 foot point guard Aaron Brooks' career high 32. (Oregon Duck, eh? Who knew.) At one point, the Rox led by as many as 29 points. Kobe was held to only 15 points.

How did this make Lakers coach and foremost advocate of dating the boss' daughter Phil Jackson feel? Well, let's just say ESPN will be working on a 15-second delay next time.

You just can't "give them credit" and spout out an expletive and expect it to look fine. Phil was clearly pissed and demoralized by this. And, for some twisted reason other than I'm from Houston and I bleed Rockets red, I'm all too amused for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment