Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Bucs Bought Themselves a Lemon

Kay-Dub Number 2 is back in Florida. I think a motorcyle wheelie celebration is in order.

Why I'm still not a sports beat writer for a financially strapped newspaper or online news edition is beyond me. I can pretend to give a crap about every little thing in sports because there's an affixed 200 or so pro teams that operate every day because fans still give a crap about them. I don't know what the point of this two sentence rambling is about, but I'm pretty pissed that Kellen Winslow II got a new contract from his new team, the largest ever for an NFL tight end.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were tricked into signed the four-year veteran to a six-year, $36.1 million contract extension with $20.1 million in guarantees, ESPN's John Clayton first reported.

Naturally, I have my doubts for somebody who was so hard headed at the University of Miami, FL that he carried that over to the NFL, was not worth the sixth overall pick the Cleveland Browns drafted him at in 2004, and, basically, gave a big "f**k you" to management by aggravating a knee injury with a extracurricular rice-rocket stunt show in a parking lot, which was caught on tape.

In my opinion, that money should be saved to sign other worthy tight ends like Antonio Gates and Jason Witten (I think). You know, the team first, me last kind of deals. But what do I know about the NFL. I work for no reputible news organization nor have I worked in a pro or college sports team. Although, I dream of the day I get plucked from the crowd and be told to coach the Denver Broncos, and then, piss off the star quarterback who was supposed to carry the future of the franchise. (Broncos FTW, BTW.)

No comments:

Post a Comment