Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ever Wonder What Anchors Do During Commercials?

I've made a soft mention in past posts about my primary occupation, which is being the cyber miscreant/gimp/slave for a TV news station. I think I mentioned it. It's either that or where I'm from. I swear, I shouldn't divulge much about the real identity of this blogger but what's the use. I've been writing these entries as if I'm Hemingway and I'm penning The Old Man and The Sea. Uh oh. Andy Rooney-tangent.

Anyways, I've come across some interesting co-workers whose primary job is to hock news into your living room/sex room/cauldron, what have you, on a daily basis. And the thing with disseminating news on a daily basis is the appearance of making everything serious enough that you might not know the person reading the news. HLN anchors actually speak to the audience as if they're having a conversation, which is a plus in basic TV anchoring. But then again, we return to square one when anchors bring you the news on your local station.

So I find this piece of video refreshing as two of WGN Chicago's main anchors take a moment to keep things playful...and awfully coordinated, during their post A-block commercial break. Watch out for the Thriller gestures in the choreograph. This kinda shows that not all anchors were born with a broomstick up their ass. Fox News anchors definitely need not apply.

[The Smoking Section via The Rap Up]

No comments:

Post a Comment