Thursday, July 23, 2009

Buehrle = Perfection

(via With Leather) Only inches separated a free dinner by the pitcher and a reaming from Ozzie Guillen.

Ok. This week of blogs appears to be sports-dominated. Of course, I'm non-discriminate when it comes to chosing which category I choose my entries. I am discriminate, though, on which underwear I wear each day. I can't soil the good ones right away.

Ok. Bad start. But look! A perfect game. But, dude, it's just baseball. WTF is the big deal? Well, Idiot, a perfect game is the nerd world's version of a comet passing earth or an eclipse darkening and freaking the f*ck out a few million people in the Eastern Hemisphere. When it happens, you should take notice. Yeah, yeah, you hate sports? Then, shut the f*ck up until my next Heidi and Spencer post.

For the rest of you, you cannot help but appreciate what happened...at a day game of all situations. Buehrle's perfect game against the Rays truly affixes the word "professional" to ball player. Too bad the same couldn't be said about the Rays batting order.

Anyways, here's one of the most spectacular catches of the year when Sox OF Dewayne Wise preserved the perfect game with a great grab in the ninth:

No comments:

Post a Comment