Monday, August 17, 2009

Girl-On-Girl Brutality

I'm open to girl fights all the time. Nothing says all-American when two women who disagree with something so trivial as talking about each other behind each other's back or not being there for each other when they should have been. I don't know, that's what girls argue about, right? I am working that stereotype, right?

Anyways, I made that whole prologue to point out that a women's MMA match main evented a MMA card for the first time in history. And it pitted my darling Gina Carano and some woman named Cyborg. Needless to say, as I called it in a previous post, my Gina-bear got beaten to the canvas just as hard as a Van Gogh painting. Cyborg relentlessly pounded the technically-sound Carano in the first round with the ref calling the fight 1 second before the first round bell.

Despite all the hoopla, I think this beats the hell out of the classic girl-on-girl matchups. Venus vs. Serena. Seles vs. Graf. Kramer vs. Kramer. Maybe not so much Kramer vs. Kramer but how many girlfights have there been?

Hopefully my Gina-bear recovers from this. I'll get you ice and a nice heat pack for you, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment