Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Hughes Died

'80's movies is gangsta. 1950-2009

Believe me. The loss of John Hughes is pretty sad for me. Despite me goo-goo ga-ga-ing the rest of the '80s, I was fully aware of Mr. Hughes' impact on cinema. He kept the angsty '80's teen happy with the "this is so me" type of stories. Sixteen Candles. The Breakfast Club. Pretty in Pink. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Planes Trains & Automobiles. Ok, maybe not so much Planes Trains as far as teen angst is concerned, but all are very relevent and all have had their funny moments.

Of course, you can be free to ignore his '90's works Home Alone, Baby's Day Out, Flubber, Home Alone 3?! But then again, why would you? He knew what he was doing for a whole decade and that kind of story writing and decision-making makes him kinda cool in my book.

So without further ado, here's what YouTube is showing for John Hughes' Ferris Bueller's Day Off:

No comments:

Post a Comment